To be ELIGIBLE to be appointed as a LIGHTKEEPER, a child must:
- Have visited the Lighthouse
- Read about or have been taught about the history of the Lighthouse
- Done something to help preserve and protect the Lighthouse. This can include such things as raising funds, volunteering (such as helping to clean up the site), or it can include writing a story, taking a photograph or drawing a picture and passing it on to the Society for us to use in helping to protect the site.
It is the RESPONSIBILITY of a LIGHTKEEPER to:
- Encourage their parents, other family members and friends to visit the Lighthouse
- Tell people what they like about the Lighthouse and why they believe it should be protected
- Continue to help preserve and protect the Lighthouse.
PHOTOGRAPHS, STORIES, DRAWINGS AND OTHER ARTWORKS PROVIDED BY LIGHTKEEPERS WILL BE POSTED ON THIS PAGE. CHECK BACK TO SEE THE LATEST.
To apply to be a LIGHTKEEPER, please fill in the following form and send it to us. We will respond as soon as we can.